May 27, 2011

What's new

I will get new pictures up soon. But in the meantime...

Silas is rolling over. And he's sleeping in his own room now. He wakes up 1-2 times per night to nurse. He smiles a lot. He isn't interested in food yet, but does like to gnaw on large sticks of carrots (I think they just feel good on his gums). He doesn't have any teeth yet, but he's working on that. And he still loves to watch his big brother all the time. Even at this early age, having the two of them together makes life easier sometimes because Silas can be entertained by just plopping him down in front of Eliot while Eliot is playing. And Eliot will fetch him toys and bounce his chair for him. You just need to watch occasionally to make sure he's sharing appropriate toys with Silas.
 
Eliot is so much fun (most of the time). He is quite tall. Other mothers of toddlers frequently comment, "He's tall!" And he is. He still loves soccer and basketball. And he has become quite interested in kickball lately too. Every time we see an adult kickball game happening at the park, he wants to join in. He loves the dogs, especially Osito, and has told us multiple times recently, "Osito's my favorite." Poor Blondie. He gives her love too, but hates her kisses. He hates anything wet on his face, unless it's food.
 
And Brady and I are well. I am trying to drum up ways to increase my income (maybe my Dad was right and I should have majored in business! No, not really), and Brady has just finished up the 2nd Annual Portland Peace Prize, which he and his students awarded last night. It was an awesome event. I was so proud of him I had tears in my eyes sometimes, and I thought, wow, I will really be a fountain when my kids do things to make me proud.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Can't wait to see new pictures!! Silas and Eliot are at fun stages. :)