April 18, 2012

Silas knows 24 words

We counted last night, and Silas knows at least 24 words, such as...

Ciao Bella! (he uses this for goodbye, and all gone, or if we're leaving a room; and it sounds like this: Bow Bay-ya! "Bow" rhyming with Ciao. Eliot says it to the nanny when she leaves, and now Silas says it all the time. And he waves when he says it -- a very cute wave.)
Doggy
Agua
Ball
Book
Bottle
Apple
Poo poo
Bite (Bi? Bi? Bi? ... meaning, depending on context, "I want some of what you're eating," OR, "I want the whole thing, including the spoon, and the bowl, on my tray right now, to eat by myself, without your help. NOW.)
Thank you (sounds like tay-tay)
Kitty
Socks
Nana (for banana)
Chip (as in, gimme a chip; also means rice cake)
Mama
Dada
Eliot
Boo boo (short for Blondie, one of the dogs)

and several more that now I can't think of.

No comments: