April 15, 2009

Good night

Last night, after Eliot turned 12 weeks old, he gave mama a big surprise present. He slept through the night! He slept from 10 pm until 6:45 am. It was amazing! I went to bed at 11 pm, and woke up at 6 am. And I was like, huh. It's 6 am. And he's not awake. Crap, is he still alive?! I tried to listen for his breathing, but I couldn't really hear it over our white noise machine. But I decided he looked alive, and to trust that he was still alive and not wake him. But then I couldn't get back to sleep really. So I kind of tossed and turned until 6:45, when he woke up with a very wet diaper and a wet blanket. But he was very happy and sweet, having had a great night's sleep. Coincidentally, we are staying at a friend's house this week (well, lastnight and tonight) because we are doing lead abatement in our own house (the levels of lead in some of our windows and our front door were about 16 times over the EPA's recommended safe level). I'm thinking I might ask them if I can move in. Apparently Eliot likes it here and feels pretty comfortable. I'm thrilled he has adapted well to being here, too. I was wondering if the change of scenery would make him uncomfortable, or fussy. But he appears to be pretty flexible. We brought his hammock crib, which I'm guessing helps.

Now he's taking a morning nap in his swing. It's 10 am, and I had planned to leave right now for my mama and baby yoga class. But I don't want to wake him. If he wakes up soon, we'll probably still go, and I'll just be late. But, it's not super important.

In other news, I started working again this week. I am working about 10 hours per week, maybe a little more (still need to work it out with my boss). And since Eliot is napping a bit during the day, I think it is going to work out okay.

No comments: