April 15, 2011

Sleeping

Silas went to sleep at 7:30 last night. I nursed him at 10:30 when I went to bed (the dream feed; he didn't wake up). And he didn't wake at all until 5:30 to nurse. Then he was awake, but he just babbled a bit and went back to sleep until about 8:15 am.
 
ps - I used the wet socks on him. And on Eliot last night because Eliot is coming down with a cold. I think the wet socks helped Silas sleep through his usual 3 am nursing. He roused a bit, and I almost picked him up to nurse, but then I stopped myself because I don't want to encourage the habit. After awhile, night wakings/nursings are a habit and not a need, so I try not to pick him up to nurse unless he's clearly waking up because he's hungry (like right before he basically is going to cry). If he's just moving around and making a bit of little noises, then I leave him alone to do his thing.

No comments: