March 01, 2010

biking with baby

As the crocuses and daffodils begin to peak through and the flowering trees start to bud out, Natalie and Eliot have gotten back on the bike. Starting two weeks ago, we began biking again to daycare/work. And every time I get back into the swing of biking, I remember, there's really no down side to this. It doesn't take me extra time because I can bike past the line of cars waiting at lights and get in front. I get exercise, which I am sorely needing. And Eliot arrives at daycare super chill. Riding in the bike trailer makes him so calm and relaxed. He just zones out entirely. In the afternoons, he sometimes falls asleep. And in the mornings, he's so relaxed there are almost no tears now I drop him at daycare after a bike ride. It also helps that he is completely in love with Auntie Valerie at daycare. She's his mom-away-from-home. I'm told he cries if Val leaves the room without him. I think he became even more attached to her now that she's watching him once a week at home, too. And it goes both ways; she's gotten pretty attached too. It's very sweet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Natalie, this is great for both of you!! Keep it up!

Uncle Jim

Anonymous said...

This is really cool and just like james said keep it up!

Petal said...

Awww...yes, I love Eliot. He is def special to me. He is magic and knows things (old soul) he observes everything and loves flowers and hugs...he reminds me alot of my best friend's boy who is five now, but I still think of him as three! I knew him before he was born and after got to hold him and be with him...he is far away now, living with his dad, but he will be here in the summer...